As we enter the next week, the world of Bitcoin and altcoins is awash with anticipation of many important events, economic indicators and promising developments. So, what will happen in the coming days? Here are the important macroeconomic developments and what will happen in the altcoin world…
These developments are important from a macroeconomic point of view.
The next week will be a dynamic financial environment with important macroeconomic developments. On Monday, May 22, the US Federal Reserve (Fed) will take the stage with speeches by Fed officials Logan, Barkin and Bostic. These talks are closely watched by investors and analysts, as they will provide insight into the central bank’s stance on monetary policy. In addition, market participants will carefully follow the announcements regarding the US debt ceiling throughout the week. These disclosures have far-reaching effects on financial markets and investor sentiment. Logan’s speech will take place at 15:30 Turkish time, while Barkin and Bostic’s speech will take place at 17:50.
On Tuesday, May 23, the announcement of important data in the USA draws attention. Data on building permits in the US will emerge at 3 p.m. Tuesday. The amount of these permits is expected to decrease from 1.43 million to 1.41 million. On the other hand, at 16:45 US manufacturing and services PMI data will be released. On Wednesday, May 24, in the morning, UK inflation data will be released. Then, around 16:00, the Governor of the Bank of England (BoE) will make a speech. Also on Wednesday, there are some developments in the US again. Because at 17:05, US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will speak. At 21:00, the FOMC minutes are made available to the public.
US GDP data and unemployment claims will be released on Thursday, May 25 at 15:30. Also on Thursday, figures for pending housing sales will emerge at 17:00. At 5:30 p.m., Fed official Collins will deliver a speech. At the end of the day, the Fed’s reserve balance will be announced. On Friday, May 26, at 15:30, the US core personal consumption expenditures index and at 17:00 US inflation expectations will be announced.
What’s next for bitcoin and altcoins?
Beyond these developments, the cryptocurrency and blockchain space is brimming with exciting events. Here are some notable updates expected next week:
- Optimism (OP) will do the Bedrock mainnet upgrade.
- MetaMask will begin supporting staked ETH withdrawals on Lido and RocketPool.
- Matcha, a DEX aggregator, will update its decentralized app (DAPP).
- Gains Network will revamp its fee structure. This way, it will remove funding fees.
- There is a possibility that Blur will provide partial refunds for Blend.
- The GMX V2 is expected to hit the market.
- cryptocoin.comAs we have reported, SushiSwap V3, a decentralized exchange, will enter the market on Findora.
- Arbitrum Odyssey 2.0 will launch shortly.
- On the other hand, Binance has announced that from tomorrow onwards, UK customers will not be able to deposit or withdraw GBP using a bank transfer or card.
As the week progresses, market participants and enthusiasts will be keeping a close eye on these events and developments. They have the potential to shape the financial environment and provide new opportunities for investors and users alike.